Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Miss Cantaloupe

What an exciting day!  We had our 20 week anatomy scan today, and baby GIRL!!! is doing great.  She (oh, it is so nice to just have one third person singular pronoun to type) is measuring right on track in all respects.  She is already 13 ounces, with the normal range being 11 to 13 ounces at this stage.  So, she is surpassing the cantaloupe stats in this picture.

She has all the necessary heart parts, and her limbs all measure right on track too.  The only thing they couldn't get a view of was her spine, not that that is a big concern.  She was uncooperative in rolling over, no matter how much that tech pounded my tummy (and, man, did she pound...).  So we will get another ultrasound on March 2nd to see the spine.

Miss Cantaloupe was cooperative in showing off the goods.  She was spread-eagle so there was no missing the potty shot.  (I'm sure when she reads this later she'll be so thrilled that I shared all about her dainty and delicate ways.)  She was also trying so very hard to suck her thumb.  She would have made it, too, if I hadn't laughed at her and made her miss.  Here's the thumb-sucking attempt:

I was pretty convinced she was going to be a boy, so now I am trying to wrap my head around having a daughter.  I'm absolutely thrilled, because I definitely wanted to have a daughter, whether it was this baby or one to come later.  I just always thought I'd have a boy first, especially since Seth's dad and grandfather only had boys - this will be the first Mayne girl in 4 generations.  Pretty neat!

Needless to say, it has been a very emotional day, between finding out the sex and my general worrywartness over whether the baby would have all the parts, and having to do my first gestational diabetes test.  A great day!  But an emotional one.  So me and Cantaloupe are off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet, sweet baby! Looks like a smile on her face. Maybe she will be born cooing like her mother.
    Granna can wait to hold her till June- only because it is best for her!

    ReplyDelete