Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Girl Grapefruit

Grapefruit is continuing to poke and prod me frequently throughout the day.  According to my books, her skin is becoming more opaque instead of being so translucent, and she might be getting texture and color in her hair.  She's also producing surfactant which keeps the air sacs in her lungs from collapsing, so if, God forbid, something were to happen, she'd have a slim chance of surviving if she were born prematurely, with proper care in a NICU.  Still three more weeks until she is considered viable, though, so we definitely want her to stay put.

One of the suggestions in one of the books I have about what you might want to do around this time in pregnancy is to babyproof the house.  Really?  I'm pretty sure we have a while until we need to cover all the electrical outlets and install baby gates.  I mean, I know she'll probably be precocious and start walking early or something, but I'd rather do all that stuff when I'm not waddling around like a penguin.  Seth's response to the odd timing of the suggestion was that maybe some people are just too tempted to stick their baby's fingers into a light socket.

Our next ultrasound is on Friday, and I can't wait to see how much she's grown.  For the first time, I'm not nervous about it.  I know she's doing pretty well in there because she keeps thumping me.  I know she has all the important parts she needs to have.  So this ultrasound will be quite enjoyable, I think.  It's nice to finally feel relaxed about seeing Grapefruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment