As of last week, she already outranked the stats of the banana picture I have, since she was already 13 oz, though I don't know how long she was. But supposedly the cool new thing she can do this week is register the sense of touch. She can feel touches on her face and her limbs, and considering the fact that she was trying to suck her thumb last week at our ultrasound, I'm assuming that she's in there checking out her new parts. She's also able to drink a little sugar now instead of just getting nourishment from the umbilical cord. And speaking of sugar, my first gestational diabetes test came back negative, thank goodness. I have to do a repeat at 28 weeks, but for now, I'm relieved.
We have beefed up our registries a little since we found out Banana is a girl, and we went to Home Depot and picked out paint colors. I think *think* that we are going to do jungle themed walls. We found this bedding set that had elephants on it that's a little chill and laid back (there were so many over-the-top pink frilly things and outlandish cartoon characters on most of the bedding), so we are going to paint the nursery a green background color and stencil on big ole elephant leaves in a darker green. But, this is just an idea we have... We're not 100%. And I doubt we'll really be getting to it until late April or May because Seth is just so busy with school things and I definitely can't tackle this project solo. Plus, he's a wonderful artist and I think he's planning on making the stencils himself, and we love to do this kind of thing together, so it'll be a bit before we have nursery photos.
Little Banana has received a few more things from her admirers. First of all, Aunt Jill has been claiming that I have been carrying a gummy bear around in my tummy, and had often assured us that it would be a pink gummy bear. So one night last week I came home to a package that seemed to weigh a ton. I waited for Seth to get home since it was addressed to both of us and when we opened it, there were 10 pounds of pink gummy bears! I laughed so hard.

Secondly, Seth apparently came home to a package the other day that was addressed to "Princess __?__ Mayne" and c/o Seth. But it came from a UPS store in Oakland, TN, which is one town over from Somerville, so I'm assuming it was someone from the church, though I am thrown off by the c/o Seth part. The package just had a question mark in the return address spot, and the card just said "Five months to go!!!". Inside was this beautiful aqua blue blanket. I just wish I knew who sent it. It's a mystery!

No comments:
Post a Comment