Pomegranate is getting quite kicky and thumpy in there this week. I have taken up singing to her on the ride home from work every day, and today she thumped along quite a bit. Every single time, it puts a huge smile on my face.
Does anyone else feel like these fruits and veggies are a little off? I mean, I thought a cantaloupe would be bigger than a pomegranate. But I actually really, really like calling her Pomegranate. Something very nice about it. Maybe we'll put it on the prospective names list. Just kidding!
I missed the best window of opportunity to post about the Valentine's Day presents that Pomegranate received, but I'll make up for it now. A couple of weeks ago, my mom (Granna) came through town and brought Pomegranate her first Valentine's Day outfit and her first pjs. I love them both, particularly the elephants on the pjs since Pomegranate's room is kinda elephant-oriented.
Seth's mom (Grammy) and sisters sent Pomegranate a sweet ballerina-style dress, a pack of onesies (with elephants!), some socks, and bibs. I can just see our Pomegranate in that pink dress, and I can't wait!
It continues to amaze me, the generosity of our families, and it also drives home the idea that we really are having a baby, a little girl.
I'm excited to see her again next week at our follow up ultrasound so they can check out her spine, and I can hardly believe the 3rd trimester is less than 4 weeks away. The first trimester was excruciatingly slow, because we hadn't told anyone and I was so nervous the whole time that something would go wrong. Since then, this has been a breeze! Hopefully the 3rd trimester will be kind to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment