First, let me say that I take back everything bad I said about maternity pants. I finally bought a pair over the weekend, and it's amazing how incredibly comfortable they are! All day at work, I did not find myself having to roll down my Bella Band, or feeling like maybe I needed to unzip a little more, or lean back in my chair a little more to prevent my pants from digging in to Mango. And no one at work knew I was wearing maternity pants. Victory!
Second, and then I promise I'll get to the point, we are now tied on the gender poll, with 7:7. We'll know in less than 48 hours, and I promise Seth and I will call or text as many of you as possible, as soon as possible. We are having a full anatomy scan on Wednesday to make sure that Mango, in addition to having a sex, has all of his/her necessary parts and is measuring on track, so I expect the ultrasound to take about 45 minutes. Then I have to have my first diabetes test, so it may be a bit before you're texted, but you'll hear about it, I promise. :) Also, we'll be posting on Facebook, so do us a favor and don't say anything on FB until we get the chance.
Okay, now. I wanted to update about some of the cool stuff we have already received on Mango's behalf, because I'm very excited about it. Mango now owns 3 books, a t-shirt, and a sock monkey kit. My mom bought Pat the Bunny as a present for Mango at Christmas. I loved that book so much when I was a kid, and it's nice to have a classic already in Mango's library. Seth's mom sent Mango Hugs and Kisses, a book about babies and baby animals, including plenty of adorable types of dogs, because, as she put it, Mango is certain to be around dogs for the first 18 years of his/her life. The book is precious! I also bought Mango a book called Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You (not pictured) to start reading to Mango every night from now until the birth, and then afterwards. I've heard the theory that if you sing the same song or read the same book to the baby in utero, kids recognize it when they are born, so I want to test this theory. Our kid will definitely be read to.
Also, Seth's mom sent Mango a sock monkey kit, which we are excited to put together. Seth remembers having a sock monkey growing up, and was very nostalgic when the kit arrived. And Mango's Aunt Sydney found the adorable I <3 my nerdy dad shirt, which even has the same glasses as Seth.
Right now, we're saving these little treasures up in Mango's room, which is currently a violent shade of blue (as seen above), complete with sports-themed valances and light switch plate. One of the things I'm most looking forward to is redoing that room. But, of course, we'd decided to wait until we know whether Mango is a boy or a girl, so we may just be going paint shopping this weekend. And we'll be updating the registries. We already have bedding picked out if its a boy, but I didn't see anything I really liked for a girl. I'm not a big fan of pink, or of frilly things, so if it's Miss Mango and not Master Mango, we'll be spending some quality time at Babies R Us finding something we can stomach.
Exciting times!
No comments:
Post a Comment