Avocado and I went to see the doctor today for the 16 week check up. It was a pretty short visit. Urine sample, blood pressure, weight check, and check the heartbeat on the Doppler. The nurse said she heard a heartbeat in the 160s. I'll just have to take her word for it. All I heard was a bunch of white noise. Anyway, a good report all around.
So, this week, Avocado will finally start to weigh more than his/her placenta, i.e., 3.5 ounces. Still such a tiny thing! Apparently he/she is also practicing emptying his/her bladder every 40-45 minutes. I find it slightly odd to think that I have something inside me that is peeing regularly. I mean, what a bizarre concept... Also, as of this week, Avocado is able to hear. Pretty cool stuff.
The next OB appoint is for Wed, February 1st, at which we will find out the sex. Exciting times!

No comments:
Post a Comment