Now, I knew from the ultrasound video that Avocado is actively moving around. And I knew that at some point I would start feeling that. But, being a heavier mommy, I thought it would be a while. But I'm pretty sure I've been feeling little flutters from Avocado's acrobatics all week. Nothing you could feel from the outside, but it's like little thumps on the inside. Almost like someone is popping popcorn in there, but in a really terrible microwave that only pops 2 kernels every 2 hours.
I'm told from very reliable sources (i.e., the internet) that this is about the time you can start feeling flutters, and that that's about what flutters feel like. So, I'm pretty excited about this. Can't wait until I get a good kick!
That is the greatest feeling! All those sweet little flutters and nudges and bumps and shoves and hiccups and somersaults and acrobatics. It's a wonderful closeness, that constant companionship and silent communication. --aimee
ReplyDeleteNyla was more of an acrobat, gymnast, and boxer rather than a nudger. I fondly recall many nights Ginny falling asleep while I felt Nyla jump, kick, punch, flip, push, and generally do things that I didn't were possible in such a small space. The best and funniest moments were when I would press on what I thought was a hand or foot, and she would punch back. Her busyness has carried over outside the womb, too. But Naomi? She was much calmer, and that appears to have translated into real life. So pay attention! How he/she is now could be a sign of how many times you'll say "No" when she's older! :)
ReplyDelete