For this week, Sweet Potato is growing to 6 inches and 7 ounces, give or take. If I were a thinner mommy, I would have a nice round baby bump (which I do, when I'm lying down). Right now, though, it just looks like I have huge muffin top because Sweet Potato is taking up the real estate that my intestines used to, causing them to move up in my belly. It's gonna get really crowded in there before this is all over...
Sweet Potato is now growing teeth buds, and this week's project, according to a book I have, is brain and nervous system development. He/she can now consciously direct his/her movements, so when I get those flutters, I know it's cause Sweet Potato was purposefully rolling over, and not just doing it by accident.
Also this week, we are hoping Sweet Potato is working on some strong, strong myelin to cover the nerves. This is one of Seth's major concerns, given that his dad has MS which is a degeneration of the myelin. Of course, there's no way to prevent MS, and it wouldn't show up until ages 20-40, so just prayers that Sweet Potato is healthy and dodged that genetic bullet... But I'm not worried. There's a less than 5% chance for a child of someone with MS to get it, and in this case, we're talking about a grandchild, so I don't see this being something that will keep me up at night for the next 40-60 years.
So, kind of a cute coincidence that I need to share. On our 2nd anniversary, our anniversary dinner bill was $77.07, which we thought was pretty cool since we got married on 07/07/07. Ever since then on our anniversary, we purposefully try to get a bill, or at least a bill with tip, that equals $77.07. My OB's billing policy is that they make you pay what they believe you will owe after insurance for your entire 40 week ride with them by your 28th week of pregnancy. Because, you know, who doesn't love a pre-paid baby? So, I got the bill for that a few weeks ago: $777. It's like it was meant to be!

No comments:
Post a Comment