Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Announcement, Part 4

Well, we have now announced to the world (aka, Facebook) that our Navel Orange will be joining us in June.  This weekend, we called our California friends, told my girlfriends from high school, and then announced on Facebook, which, honestly, is something I didn't think that I really wanted to do, but, considering that it was brought to my attention that some people might rather hear about it that way from me than find out through word of mouth, I gave in.  And actually I am glad that I did because the response has been overwhelming and it's always nice to remember how many people out there care about you.

I believe I am finally starting to get a bit of a baby bump.  Not that it would be noticeable to others, but Seth and I can feel it, and that is reassuring.  I've heard that supposedly you just "pop" one day.  I am looking forward to that.  Though I do not currently own any maternity clothes and am down to only 2 pairs of jeans that I can wear, and that includes adding a Bella Band to one pair so I can leave them unzipped.  I should go shopping...

The upside though is that I still have not gained any weight.  I'm kind of hoping to keep that up so that in July I'll look quite skinny.  :)  We'll see what my doc has to say about that on Wednesday at my next appt.

Hope that you all have had a good start to your 2012 year.  It is going to be an exciting one for us.  We reminisced last night about all that we accomplished in 2011:
  • Jan-Feb:  Seth applied like crazy to grad schools and was accepted to several
  • Apr:  Seth got accepted to Vandy and decided to attend there
  • May:  Seth graduated from U of M and I finished my M.A.T.
  • July:  I started my new job in Nashville and we bought our first, beautiful house that we love 
  • August:  Seth began work on his PhD
  • October:  We found out our family will be growing by 1
Big, big things happened for us in 2011, but I'm sure they will be eclipsed by the events coming up in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment