It's funny to me that this week we will be calling Baby Mayne "Onion", considering the fact that he/she seems to truly hate them (onions) as of today. I had an all-veggie sandwich from Subway for lunch and, let me tell you, Onion does not enjoy his/her namesake right now. Onion also despised the enchiladas I had yesterday, but I kind of knew that was a bad idea at the time... Sadly, there doesn't seem to be much in the last few days that does actually appeal to Onion (no pun intended). However, I have figured out how to combat the ruthless indigestion: chocolate & milk. One Dove chocolate and a full glass of milk saved me last night when I woke up at 2:15am completely convinced I was about to lose my enchiladas. A trek to the fridge and then propping myself up to a good 45 degree angle yielded a much happier, more restful night's sleep. Not that you needed to or wanted to know the ins and outs of my digestive tract. Aren't you so glad I invited you to read this blog?!?!?!?!?!
Ahem. On to pleasanter things. Yes, so, Onion... Onion is now putting on some cute, adorable, pinchable baby fat. And his/her skeleton is hardening into bone instead of cartilage. AND he/she even has unique fingerprints now. Onion is now 5 whopping inches long (or so) and weighs about 6 ounces, twice as much as he/she did last week as an Avocado. This veggie just doubled in weight in the course of week! Can you imagine?! Amazingly enough, this mommy still weighs the same. I'm pretty much determined to have a pregnancy similar to my dog's, where she only got slightly bigger right before she gave birth and then looked totally svelte immediately after.
We will find out the gender three weeks from today. And I have to say, I'm not all that excited about that. Not that I'm dreading it, or not happy that we will find out. But it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I'm thrilled with the idea that we're having a baby, and I don't care if it's a baby boy or a baby girl. I'll be perfectly happy with either. So I guess I'm not super-excited about it because I don't anticipate that it will change how I feel about it. I just want a sweet, healthy baby in my arms in 5 months.
BUT! That doesn't mean it's not fun to guess. So I thought I would add a poll to the right ---> in case any of you out there in the interwebs want to make your hunches known. :) Poll will close on Feb 1st when we get our answer (assuming Onion cooperates).

No comments:
Post a Comment