The fact that we are having a child is starting to feel much more real now that there are baby clothes going in the washer and dryer and an entire room dedicated to baby things. Between matching up tiny pairs of socks, gathering pacifiers and bottles to sterilize, and putting up valances and shelves in the nursery, I think Seth and I have both been overcome this week with all kinds of emotions about our soon-to-be parenthood.
Seth's a real handy guy to have around the house when it comes to putting stuff up/taking stuff down/hauling things from one room to another, etc. Last night I was sitting in the living room sorting through clothes to wash (an activity at which Seth is not handy), and we came across the mobile for Watermelon's crib, and with a rush of excitement not unlike a child, he grabbed the mobile, announced, "I'm going to put this up!" and dashed up the stairs. It was darling. I listened to him rustle through the packaging as I finished sorting clothes, occasionally hearing the tune from the mobile. I came upstairs to Watermelon's room just as he had finished the installation job, and a prouder papa there never was. Sharing this pregnancy and preparation time with him has been a delight, and I know there will be so many moments where I fall in love with him even more, watching him be a Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment