Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Firsts for Evie

Evie is now 13 days old, about to enter her 3rd week of life, and we've already experienced some pretty wonderful firsts from her.  She graced her Daddy with her first projectile poop right onto his shirt during a diaper change (the memory of which still makes me laugh).  She just now had her first actual spit up of milk all over me while I was changing her outfit (she is now sitting in just a diaper until I feel more certain her tummy has settled).  She has already started lifting her head and has pushed herself up while on her tummy by using her arms.  And her umbilical cord finally fell off this morning!

Yesterday, she had her first real nap in her crib while her Daddy and I spent some time with our poor neglected puppies.  She looks so tiny in such an expansive crib!

And last night, she slept in her new pack-n-play for the first time and she quite enjoyed being on her back instead of in the swing we'd been keeping her in.

She also had her first real outing this week: to Thai food for lunch and then a game store with me, Daddy, and Uncle Ryan.  Then another outing yesterday to my follow-up OB appointment and then a stop by the Vanderbilt campus for Seth to check his mailbox.  Not to mention her first meetings with family:

With Granna on 6/6/12

With Grannadaddy on 6/6/12


With Uncle Ryan on 6/13/12

With Grammy on 6/14/12



 And with Aunt Sydney on 6/14/12

I think she's a little bit loved.  :)  She also really briefly met her Aunt Kristy, and cousins Zach, Aiden, and Lydia yesterday, but the visit was short and no holding was involved because poor Lydia had a bit of a cough (probably allergies, but Aunt Kristy wisely thought it would be better to be safe than sorry).

Coming up for Evie's 3rd week, she'll be going to the pediatrician tomorrow and will hopefully have regained some weight.  Everyone agrees she looks like she's filling out in her face, and Seth and I measured her yesterday and think she's now 19.5 inches long and about 7 lbs (based on the ole weight-on-scale-with-baby minus weight-on-scale-without-baby trick).

She'll also be meeting her Aunt Aimee on Friday, her great-grandparents Abba and Grandma Pat on Monday afternoon, and Grandma Jeanne and Aunt Kathy on Monday evening.  Thank goodness for family!  I hope that Evie will grow up to value family as much as I do because she has a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment