In response to several questions we've gotten lately about names, I've been thinking about providing an update regarding the subject. With about 4 and a half weeks to go, I know we are making everyone frustrated that we are not sharing our name ideas. That's fair. I would be frustrated with us too.
It's not that we're delighting in torturing you. It's
that we really don't know which name set we are going to pick, and we
don't want to be beholden to call her something that doesn't feel
right. And if we share the names we're considering, we know that people will have a preference. And we'll probably get told that preference. And then we'll be tempted to count the votes, or feel like we should go with name A instead of name B because so-and-so likes it so much or because so-and-so hates name B so much, or whatever... We love all of you dearly, but having extra opinions would make the decision harder. And we like the idea that the first decision we'll be making as parents is her name, and that we'll be making that decision together, just us. It feels like a good way to start our family of 3.
But, since so many of you have asked, let me assure you that:
1) We do have a short list and we have put a lot of thought into our choices. We won't be flipping through the name book when Durian gets here, frantically trying to come up with something.
2) It will not be spelled cre8tiflee. I promise.
3) It will be something you have heard before. We are not going to make up names. In fact, her first name will definitely be something from the top 200 names of 2011. (You can go here to find the list of top names for 2011 and try to guess if you want. In fact, I'll tell you that the first names we're considering are somewhere between numbers 20 and 190, just to narrow it down for ya. But I won't be telling you whether you've guessed right or not. Oh! and it will be from the girl's side of this list, not the boy's.)
No comments:
Post a Comment