"Perfect" was the word again for me and Butternut Squash on Monday at our 34 week checkup. Great little heart rate, belly measuring just right, blood pressure good. I am so very lucky with how smoothly this pregnancy has gone.
Though, I think Butternut is getting tired of her confinement. Today I had quite a few contractions. Thank goodness that at my visit on Monday they gave me the cheat sheet of how to tell the difference between real labor and false labor. Starting about 11 this morning while I was at work, I felt this tightening and aching, which would subside for a bit and then repeat. Fortunately it lasted only about an hour and they weren't regular. But it certainly was a reminder that Butternut could decide to make her debut whenever she likes and not wait until June 14th. I would prefer it if she would at least wait until next Wednesday when I'll be 36 weeks and considered full term... Hopefully she'll put it off for that long.
Especially since we are planning on painting the nursery this weekend and starting to wash clothes, bedding, and diapers. Of course, if she came, it's not a big deal to me that the nursery isn't done. It would just be more difficult to do with her already here.
I also wonder if the fact that I haven't been able to sleep at all contributed to today's contractions. Since Monday night, I've had an average of 5 hours of sleep every night, and that might be generous. I wouldn't mind waking up at 3 in the morning every day if I didn't have to go to work the next day and could nap. But I lie there, hoping sleep will come again, but it often takes at least an hour to fall back asleep, and what sleep I do get is certainly not restful. I have a feeling I'll get better quality sleep after Butternut comes than I will while she's still in utero.
Fortunately, the end is in sight. Only 4 weeks from today (or less), we'll be holding our little girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment