Friday, May 11, 2012

Pediatrician? Check!

Seth and I went to meet Dr. Vafai today to see if she was good pediatrician material.  And I have to say, I found her to be delightful!  She met with us for about 15 minutes, gave us some info on her training and experience, her views on breastfeeding and vaccinations (which are wonderfully in line with ours), the office hours and important policies, etc.  We were quite happy with everything, and are definitely feeling good about the kind of care she'll provide.  She will probably be coming to the hospital on the Friday after Durian is born and either she or the other pediatrician on call that weekend will come every day that we're in the hospital.  I had no idea that was even a possibility.

She loved the coincidence that my sister-in-law's parents are from Iran and that my sister-in-law is a pediatrician as well.  I'm guessing she'll remember us pretty well because she kept saying she couldn't believe we new another pediatric Dr. Vafaie.  All in all, a very good start to Durian's health care.

She also said she recommended that we wait until Durian is 2 months to take her to places that will have a lot of people.  This is because if she were to catch a fever, she would have to be hospitalized, have a lot of blood drawn, have spinal fluid checks for meningitis, and all kinds of nastiness.  So better to keep her less-exposed to potential fever-causing germs than to risk all that.  So I guess our first trip to Memphis to meet the family-at-large won't be until mid-August.  So, anyone who's planning to come and visit, let us know!  I have started a calendar for Durian and have added dates for the visitors we have so far.  She's going to be quite the socialite, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment