Monday, August 1, 2022

Last Week of Summer

Last week, Evie enjoyed zoo camp, and this week she's at the Jewish Community Center taking advantage of swim camp.  I'm impressed with her swimming abilities; she placed in one of the higher groups for instructional swim.  One of the boys from her school is also in her group at the JCC, which might normally be a positive thing, but in this case, she's not a fan of his so I'm afraid it's going to make for a long week.  She said he came up to her today and said, "What're you doing here?"  And she replied, "I could ask the same of you."  I laughed so hard at that.

This is Evie's last week of summer.  It's really flown by which I guess will happen when you spend almost the entire month of June out of town.  We've had a really excellent summer.


I still sneak in Evie's room every evening to kiss her goodnight.  Sometimes I snap a picture.  She's just so beautiful and sweet.  I was mentioning to Seth that I'm saving money for an abdominoplasty which honestly has more to do with repairing my stomach muscles in order to improve my back than it does with vanity.  But Evie said to me, "Mama, you're perfect just the way you are and you don't need plastic surgery."  

No comments:

Post a Comment