Monday, July 25, 2022

Back from Camp

I got my girl back from camp and I can walk!  Huge improvements from last week!

Evie's camp ended Friday and though I was driving myself again around town by then, Seth insisted (and he rarely insists on anything) that Granna be the one to drive me to get Evie since he couldn't leave work and didn't want me to drive by myself.  It was the right call and Granna and I had a good chat in the car on the way to get Evie who looked browner and more self-assured than she did last week.  She reported that she had a wonderful time, was the best sleeper in her cabin, and wants to go back next year.  I was concerned because the last pictures I had seen from the camp, she didn't look very pleased, but she informed us that the one of her in the dining hall where she looked distraught was because it was a night where the kids had to eat their meals with any kitchen utensil that wasn't a fork, knife, and spoon, and the tablespoon that she had been given as her eating implement had just fallen on the floor and she'd been made to go wash it off herself.  She also informed me that she was fine in the pictures of the kids in the pond, except that some of the kids were very rowdy and she also felt that there were too many frog eggs (ugh!  Better her than me!)  But none of that deterred her from proclaiming that she'd had a wonderful week and couldn't wait to go back next year.

The frog egg pond

All smiles at pick up


When she got home, we gave her a good shower and checked for ticks (all clear!) and then she went to spend the night at Granna and Grannadaddy's.  This was fortunate because my back was still healing and I had been sleeping in her bed on the new mattress that arrived just a couple of weeks ago.  We've ordered a new mattress for our bed, but it was nice to have the support from Evie's bed while my back was aggravated.  

Sunday we had an ice cream social at church.  Evie was so pleased to have hamburgers and ice cream for dinner, and enjoy the waterslide.




I have to share the sweetest thing Evie said a few weeks ago that I forgot to report on at the time. Out of the blue one day, she said, "I'm feeling more of a bond with Grandma Jeanne lately."  I said, "Really?  What's making you feel that way, do you think?"  She said, "I'm just appreciating everything more."

Oh my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment