Evie has now completed two weeks of 5th grade and is doing well. She loves being on Safety Patrol where she opens car doors for the drop off line kids and helps kindergartners get off the bus, and in the afternoon she is, as she calls it, a "throw-around-piece" where she helps out with whatever job is needed. She's also enjoyed our new dismissal routine which is that if the weather is nice, I walk one of our dogs up to the school to meet her and we walk home together.
This weekend, we had an event at church where the kids did an indoor camp out. Evie had a good time playing with Nathaniel and Lydia.
My precious, innocent baby asked a question I didn't even think to ask: Why did the father of the victim of the trial beat her up? I'm so glad that her life experience has been one where the idea of a parent doing something like that to their child is one with which she isn't familiar, both in her own experience and those of her friends.


No comments:
Post a Comment