Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Evie's 43rd Week

This weekend Evie, Seth and I went to Memphis to celebrate Easter with my family.  She puzzled us by refusing to nap at all on the 3-hour car ride down, which is very unusual since she typically sleeps most of the way.  Not even Raffi or a bottle would lull this kid to sleep.  And she hadn't had much of a nap earlier in the day either.  She didn't sleep especially well that night either, and woke up at 2am wanting to play.  So, since we were all staying in one room and she was crying, I took her downstairs so that at least Seth could sleep.  Evie played until 4am.

I thought for sure the next day she would take her usual naps, no problem.  Nope.  Awake.  We had to drive around to get her to take a half hour nap, and it wasn't until about 7:30pm (3 hours before her usual bedtime) that she was interested in napping.  She napped for a bit, but then woke up again and finally went to sleep around 9:30 after I gave her some Tylenol.  Turns out she was/is popping another tooth on the bottom.  So, she'll have 7 once this was is in, and today I could feel it had broken the skin. So I guess that explains the refusal to sleep.  She's done much better since we got back home, but I think it was caused by the tooth and just happened to coincide with the trip.

Anyway, we had a really great time in Memphis where we visited with Granna and Grannadaddy, and Uncle Ryan, Aunt Aimee and cousins Addie and Will.  Addie, who is about to be 5 years old, loves Evie and wanted to tickle her, smoothe her hair, explain to her how various toys work, read to her, and talk about how "cuuuuuuuute" she is.  Will wasn't so sure at first since they are pretty close in age (Will will be 2 on Friday), but he warmed up to her, and on Sunday morning he even said, "Wake up.  Go downstairs.  See Evie."  It was precious.  She also spent some time with Grandma Jeanne, Aunt Kathy, and Tia (my cousin Olivia) who she very rarely gets to see.

We also spent an evening with my Mom's side of the family.  We all (except for my Aunt Kristy's family) got together on Saturday for dinner at my cousin's new house.  Addie and my cousin's daughters Nyla (2 and a half) and Naomi (16 months) enjoyed playing with each other, and Evie loved watching them too.  At one point Evie was sitting on the floor in the kitchen and Naomi came up to her and lied down in Evie's lap.  It was cute.  I hate that I forgot my memory card for my camera.

Evie had an Easter basket at Granna and Grannadaddy's, but we did one for her here too.  Here's video and a few pictures from her on Easter Monday opening her Easter basket.



 

She's really into making this scrunchy face now.

No comments:

Post a Comment