Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Evie's 42nd Week

I admit, the theatre geek in me started humming "42nd Street" as I typed the title to this post...

It was Passover a couple of nights ago and we decided to partake in the seder at the local temple.  A friend of ours went with us and we sat with a delightful young couple who had just moved to Nashville about 5 months ago.  We enjoyed visiting with them and singing all of the very unusual songs they did, such as "Don't Sit on the Afikoman" to the tune of "Glory Hallelujah".  It was pretty amusing.  Evie ate some matzah and gefilte fish (her Daddy's idea) and she loved both of the them.  I actually thought that the smell from the gefilte fish was coming from a dirty diaper... so needless to say, I wasn't as enamored with that particular food as Evie was.

Here she is, sampling the matzah.


Everyone commented on how well-behaved she is and how bright eyed.  People say that to us everywhere we go, so it must be true.  She is a darling.

The other big event for Evie this week was the fact that we purchased her a new toy.  She's started cruising along furniture and when I saw this in an ad, I thought it would be good for her.


Don't let that expression fool you. She's a really big fan.  A couple more pictures:

Showing off her pulling up abilities.

Enjoying the sweater Grammy made her.


Conquering the world, one table top at a time.

She's also started doing this thing where she wrinkles her nose to laugh at people.  And she's just, in general, acting more like a kid.  She finds things amusing rather than having to be touched or tickled to smile.  She smiles at her toys when they make noise, especially Violet the dog, and she will laugh at you from across the room.  She's interested in what you're eating and even begs for a bite, though sometimes she's not thrilled with the result when you give her what she thinks she wants.  There's something just so grown up about her these days...  

So many people told me, it just keeps getting better.  And they were right.  And I bet they'll continue to be right for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment