Tonight we went to an Irish restaurant where Evie ate several new things: cooked egg yolk (whites have the potential to cause an allergic reaction, so no whites until 1 year), potato soup, ground beef from my shepherd's pie, broccoli cheese casserole, and pickle. Yes, pickle. And, believe it or not, she actually liked it the first time she tasted it; in fact, she went back in for more. The sourness eventually caught up to her, though:
Three of the wait staff and two of the patrons there commented on what a sweet baby she is, what a good disposition she has, and how well-behaved she is. I wish that Seth and I could take credit for that, but as I've said before, we are simply blessed with a good-natured baby. She delighted many people in the restaurant with her smiles, clapping, and funny faces as she ate.
Evie's also been waiting for the weather to warm up so she can go outside. At least, that's what you'd think from how much she's been crawling to the doors recently. She was enjoying watching all the walkers, cars, and cyclists in the neighborhood on Saturday.
She also enjoys watching the dogs. Here she is crawling over to them. Shortly after I took this video, she started "talking" back to ChuuChu by saying, "ba ba ba" in response to ChuuChu's manner of barking three times in a row.
You know how there are certain tastes and smells that immediately make you recall a particular event or time in your life? There was a particular Bath and Body Works scent I used to wear when I was a teenager that, when I smell it, reminds me of shopping at the mall with friends. Every time I taste salmon nigiri, I'm reminded of the first time that I ever ate sushi, which was in Houston with my brother and with Seth and I can clearly picture the restaurant. And this past week I've been using the same hand soap that we were using when we first brought Evie home and the smell of that so vividly reminds me of her first week, in particular, and all of the feedings, the diaper changes, the recovery... I remember Evie being so tiny, with such thin little legs, and feeling like I might break her. Now, that "tiny" girl is crawling around, eating solid food, and stealing hearts every time we take her somewhere. What a joy she is! At one point this week, when it was warmer, she was wearing just a diaper and she cuddled up with me like she did when she was a newborn. I treasure those moments.
I forgot to add that when we took her to the pediatrician on Friday, she weighed in at 19.8 lbs, is 27 inches long, and has a 46cm head. This puts her in the 65th, 27th, and 86th percentile, respectively. Short body; big brains!
No comments:
Post a Comment