Evie had quite a busy week since her Grammy and Aunts Jill and Madi came in town on Saturday. As you already know, we saw Evie's first production on Sunday, and she got a lot of playtime with her California family. Pictures to come as our camera seems to have been misplaced... which I am hoping to remedy before we leave for Memphis this evening.
Evie's starting to talk in response to be said "hello" to. Last night, Seth was holding her and I would call her name and she would look at me and then babble and grin. She's also trying to mimic waving, and is especially fascinated by other people's feet. On Friday, Evie was sitting in her exersaucer with her socks off, watching Syd move her feet. Syd would curl her toes, then Evie would curl hers. Syd would flex her toes, then Evie would try to flex hers, though she couldn't quite bend them backwards. It was adorable.
She's also developed a clear preference for sleeping on her side. I'll put her down on her back, but within a few minutes, she's rolled onto a side, most often her right. We had a great night of sleep last night for the first time in ages. I have been getting up with her every 2 hours for the last 2 weeks or so, but last night, she slept for 4 hours straight, ate for 20 minutes, then back to sleep for 3 more hours when I woke her up to feed her before I left for work. I feel like a new woman! Perhaps resuming zantac helped (she had such an upset tummy a few nights ago that went to nothing but milk, then reintroduced zantac on Monday). Perhaps having a 4 oz bottle of formula before bed helped. Or perhaps it was the secret Seth has been holding out on me: a particular white noise track. Seth and I share a Spotify account which we can add certain albums and playlists to. Until now, I'd been having her listen to a lullaby album, but apparently Seth's been playing white noise for her and that seems to knock her out. Fortunately, he added the album to our playlists last night so I was able to get her back to sleep using that. And it worked; she was out.
Tonight we leave for Memphis to spend Thanksgiving with my folks. The list of things we're taking with us in enormous, especially since we're also taking the dogs with us. Fortunately, we're also taking two cars. I'm so excited to see my parents who have been roaming around Australia for the last two weeks. I finally got to talk to my Mom last night. I hadn't realized how frequently we'd been talking and how much I would miss talking to her and my Dad while they were gone. I can't wait for them to see how much Evie had grown in the last few weeks since we saw them.
No comments:
Post a Comment