Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Evie's 23rd Week

It seems to me like Evie just grew up overnight this past Saturday night.  She is reaching for things with a purpose, trying to pick up all kinds of objects, squealing, possibly reaching out to be picked up (this is according to Seth and Sydney), and laughing when other people laugh.  We suspect these sudden interests in objects and other people might have to do with the fact that we had more people than usual around this weekend.  Our dear friend Annalisa came to visit, and our friends April and Jason babysat on Saturday night, so we're thinking that the interaction with other people might have made some synapses fire.

Here's Evie with Annalisa:

And some video of her laughing when being played with:


And some stills:


I love the picture immediately above because she has started trying to wrap all four appendages around things, which makes her look like monkey.

She also enjoyed a new taste this week: green beans.  She seemed to love them, which might indicate that she takes after her Daddy.  Or her Tia (my cousin Olivia, whose favorite veggie while we were growing up was green beans).

I'll admit, this past Saturday when we left her with babysitters, I was avoiding having a mini-Mommy-meltdown moment (how's that for alliteration!).  It's not that I didn't trust April and Jason.  I knew Evie would be in good hands.  It's more that I was afraid Evie would be upset without us since she's just starting to get a bit of stranger anxiety, and the thought of her being sad or unhappy without me being there to comfort her made me a little teary.  I know it's good for her to be with new people and for her to develop some independence, so that's why I always try to make sure I share her when we're out of town for the weekend or when family or friends are over, but I can totally see why some parents have a hard time letting go.  This parenting stuff is not for the faint of heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment