What an exciting week Evie has had! Some good, some bad. We'll start with the bad, I suppose, which is not actually bad, just unfortunate. On Friday it was pretty evident that Evie was not improving in terms of a slight, unproductive cough and some obvious signs of stomach troubles. So I took her to the doctor to see what we could figure out. Turns out she has acid reflux but without spit up as a symptom it was harder to diagnose. She now has zantac which hopefully will help her, though it's been almost a week of zantac with only slight improvement. She's still waking up in the middle of the night, possibly because of stomach troubles, but also possibly because of teething. Good news from the doctor: she's gained 10 ounces since her 4 month check up, so she almost weighs 14 lbs.
Anyway, Friday after the doctor gave us her diagnosis, Evie and I had a mommy and me trip to Memphis. We thoroughly enjoyed playing with Granna, Grannadaddy, Grandma Jeanne, and Aunt Kathy, and seeing all our church friends. I foolishly left my camera at home, so I have no pictures to document the trip, but I did remember the important things: prescriptions, pack-n-play, diapers, and the baby. We had a great time, and it's crazy to think we won't be back in Memphis until Thanksgiving.
Over the weekend, Evie discovered her feet. She spent most of Saturday playing with her new friends, her toes. She was so enamored with them that she would even bend over at the waist to touch them while she was standing up. It was precious.
On Monday night, Evie got her first taste of carrots. She enjoyed them thoroughly, much like the peas.
On Tuesday night, we took a few shots of Evie in a pumpkin, which was quite amusing.
Evie also enjoyed her first Halloween! She went as a peacock, of course. We originally bought a more commercial-type costume, but she couldn't wear it because it was way too big. So maybe next year. But, I decided she could be a more whimsical type of peacock, so I found a tutu and headband from a shop on Etsy and then a purple outfit on Amazon. I think they went together pretty well for being internet purchases.
And, lastly, you might notice a new page to this blog: Evie's Travel Map. It's on the right hand side, a link to her Google Map showing all the trips she's taken so far. I'm having a good time putting it together and look forward to adding more and more cities and states to her pin map.



No comments:
Post a Comment