After some quality Auntie time while I cleaned the house, Evie accompanied Syd and me to lunch at Cheddar's followed by her first ever trip to the nail salon where we indulged in mani/pedis. I haven't had one since probably 2009 for my friend Ashley's wedding, and it was so nice to be pampered. Sydney worked hard to convince me I should join her, and I'm so glad I did. I never realized how little I do just for myself, and it felt great to sit in that massaging spa chair and get my legs exfoliated and my feet massaged. Ah.
Then we came home and hung out with Daddy some, had dinner, and just relaxed for the rest of the evening. Here's our wide-eyed girl at about 9:00pm.
Look at all those wrinkles! She's got such cute little arm wrinkles and thigh wrinkles. She's getting adorably pudgy.
Last night, Granna (my mom) was in town so Evie got to spend some quality time with Granna 2 weekends in a row!
Before Granna arrived yesterday, we were giving Evie some tummy time, and this girl is trying so hard to roll over. She got herself on her side, but then got distracted with the cute stuff on her playmat and lost her motivation. But, she does certainly hold her head up at 90 degrees, and can lift her chest too. So I anticipate rolling action in the not too distant future.
Evie's 4 month check up is scheduled for Tuesday, which I'm both excited about and dreading. I hate seeing her get more vaccinations, though last time she took them like a champ. But I'm excited to see how much she's grown in weight and height, and they always give us a little informational paper about what to expect in terms of development in between visits, so I'm looking forward to getting her 4-6 month development sheet. I know 6 months will be here before we know it, and we'll be throwing her a little half-birthday party. I realize more and more that every moment with your child is so precious, you have to treasure it.
No comments:
Post a Comment