Evie had a very good visit with Dr. Vafai yesterday. She weighed in at 13 lbs 4.8 oz, and was a very sweet girl, even though she got 2 shots. She didn't handle these ones quite as well as her last ones, but she calmed down after a good minute of screaming. Poor baby. And, boy, did she sleep good last night.
In fact, Evie's big accomplishment for this week is her ability to put herself to sleep. We have a new nighttime routine where I let her play in her bassinet for 10 minutes or so while I get ready for bed, and then I read something to her, turn on her lullaby music, and turn out the lights. And presto! she's asleep. And sleeps mostly uninterrupted from 10ish to 6ish. When she does wake up in between, I only need to pop a paci in her mouth or hold her hands and out she goes again. It's really nice getting sleep again.
She's also started reaching for objects. Last night, while I was giving her a bath, she reached for the cup I use to pour water on her. She reaches for your fingers and stares at them with such curiosity and amazement in her eyes. She's also noticing more things in her environment, and we've started spending more time upstairs with the dogs, so she loves to look at them and try to figure them out between their odd shapes and sounds. They are pretty keen on her and not jealous at all. Herbie (the 45 lb pug) and Edgar (the corgi) are particularly concerned about Evie's well-being and come over to check on her if she is crying. Edgar will even go so far as to lick her foot if he can reach it, just to assure her that it's gonna be okay. We'll see how keen on her they still are once she's able to pull fur.
No comments:
Post a Comment