This weekend, we had a real treat! Annalisa came to visit us! She arrived on Thursday and I had let Evie stay home from school because she was having a lot of anxiety about school - they are doing standardized testing and her teacher lied to her and told her (and the rest of the class) that if they didn't pass the test, they wouldn't get to go to 6th grade. This coupled with his carelessness in telling students each other's projected test scores created a lot of anxiety for her and I decide she needed a break.
So Annalisa was pleasantly surprised when she arrived and Evie was home! We got Annalisa settled in and then got some lunch. During the weekend, we let Evie do our make up, got our nails done together, and took a long hike on a walking trail. Evie and Annalisa went with me to breakfast with Shelley on Saturday, as is my custom to eat breakfast with Shelley. It was amazing to watch my best friends lift up my kid. They each shared with her about times when school was hard for them, teachers they didn't jive with, how school can be really tough at her age and how frustrating it can be to be around certain personalities... I've always hoped that Evie would have a good relationship with my friends so that when she needed to hear a perspective from someone other than her mother, she'd have people who I trusted and knew to be good for her. I am so grateful for them!
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment