Monday, May 8, 2023

NEHS and Cinderella

 What a week!  Our girl was inducted into the National Elementary Honors Society on Friday and then gave a spectacular performance on Saturday in her ballet recital.  Brains and grace.  

Getting to the NEHS induction was a little bit of an ordeal...  Apparently she didn't turn in her application back in January, but I had been informed that she was admitted.  Monday, four days before the induction ceremony, I received a call from a sobbing Evie at school that she had been told she wasn't in the Society because she hadn't turned in her application.  I had her teacher call me and she confirmed that because Evie hadn't turned in the application, she wasn't in.  I told her that while I understood the lesson in responsibility, I didn't agree with this choice because the teacher had informed me (with a large group of parents) that if we were receiving the message, our kids were in the NEHS.  She argued with me and I pointed out to her that if she hadn't put me in that group, I wouldn't have told Evie she was in and there wouldn't have been such a big disappointment today, when she's been thinking for 2 months that she got that honor.  Moreover, she met all of the qualifications, she just didn't turn in the application!  We even paid the application fee.  So finally the teacher relented and said she'd have Evie do the application at school with her.  That didn't happen and there were a couple of failed attempts, but she did finally complete the application on Thursday and we attended the ceremony Friday.

Granna and Grannadaddy got to come to the Induction too

Saturday, we had a real treat of watching Evie dance in a really beautiful contemporary piece and also as a Winter Fairy.
She's the 3rd from the front on the lefthand line


Here she is in the bottom left corner with her leg balanced in the air

Here she's a Winter Fairy


Evie and her fellow Level 3 dancer Hazel

We have such a sweet, smart, talented girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment