Monday, May 22, 2023

It's a Phone!

 We've entered the home stretch of elementary school!  Just a couple of days left until we have a middle school.  So as Seth and I were deciding what to do to celebrate, we thought it was time for Evie to get a phone.  I've been reluctant to do this because I didn't want her to have access to social media and certain apps, but after looking into how to turn on permission requests on iPhone, we decided we were safe there.  We also felt like, when we thought about how much we talked on the phone with our friends when we were her age, she was really missing out on getting to connect with her friends.  

So we arranged for a celebratory lunch at Huey's, her favorite restaurant, with Granna, Grannadaddy, Kathy, and Rickie.  After we finished lunch, I told Kathy to call a phone number I was going to tell her.  The last 4 digits of the phone number spell out EVIE so that's how I said it, "Dial XXX-XXX-EVIE."  It was fun to watch her face as she realized what was happening.  Then the phone rang in Seth's pocket and he took it out and said, "Oh look, it's for you!"  It was a really fun reveal.

Checking out her new phone

Celebrating the end of elementary school!

We were playing a game on Sunday and I had to snap this sweet pic of Beau snuggling up to Evie.  He's a lovey dog and Evie enjoys a good Beau snuggle.



No comments:

Post a Comment