Monday, April 24, 2023

A Piece of Me is Missing

 I've just returned from a long weekend with my friend Shelley in Charleston.  I hated to leave Evie again when I was just out of town a week and a half ago, but our college friend Crystin was having her directorial debut and we felt like it was important to go and support her.  Evie seemed to be having a fine time while I was gone.  I got home in time to join Seth and Evie for dinner with Granna and Grannadaddy.  On the way home, Evie told me how much she missed me and how glad she was I was back home.  I asked her, "What makes it so hard for you when I'm gone?"  She said, "I don't know, I just feel like a piece of me is missing when you're not here."  Ugh, a stab in the heart; and I'm grateful we have such a strong relationship.

In other news, before I left, Evie had her last PT session for a bit.  Her PT got the report that her curve had decreased, and we all decided Evie had the understanding of how to do the exercises she's been taught, and that she could continue with home programming and just come back for check ins.  But Swathi (her PT) put her through her paces before discharging her! And Evie loved it - she loves a physical challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment