Evie had a busy week! Her school hosts a skate night at the roller skating rink on the 4th Friday of every other month, and because our church has game night on the last Friday of every month, we've never gotten to go before. This month had 5 Fridays so it was our first change to check it out. Evie didn't especially enjoy the experience at first. She's only been on roller skates a couple of times before, and she was pretty unsteady on her feet. She fell fairly hard within the first 10 minutes and was very frustrated. But she finally found some of her friends and hung out with them which seemed to turn the night around for her. I was trying to encourage her to be more independent because she seemed to want to just hang around where I was, which is certainly understandable from an only child who's just lived through an isolating pandemic.
I am so very proud of her for sticking with dance and finding her friends there. I know this year has been more challenging because some of the girls are not as chummy as she was used to from last year, but she hasn't let it take away her joy in dancing.







No comments:
Post a Comment