I still sneak into Evie's room at the end of the night and give her a kiss while she's sleeping. One night, the way she was lying there reminded me of this other picture from 2014.
Sigh. My gorgeous girl, growing up....
Now that she's in the 5th grade and is on the safety patrol, we are letting her walk away from the school building when they are done for the day. She walks across the back of the elementary school which is connected to the middle school she'll attend next year, and I meet her at the front of the middle school, usually with a dog. She loves getting to have her independence in leaving school without waiting for a grown up. She also loves trading me her backpack for the dog's leash.
Taking over the walking of Edison
Friday we went to go see
Guys and Dolls at the local community theatre. This was Evie's first production from that era, which is more dialogue/book heavy than other musicals she's into, but I think she enjoyed it.
Saturday, Evie and I went to the birthday party of the foster child of a friend of mine. She was the oldest kid there by 5 years so she had to find the fun of being a good influence on the younger kids. I think she did a good job; she was a good example during games and such. I know she felt a little awkward being there, but I was proud she took on being a role model.
She is walking such a fine line now between childhood and adolescence. Sometimes she is a super moody tween, and sometimes she's still playing pretend. I'm enjoying her maturity, but I do miss her climbing into my lap to snuggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment