Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Easter

It's been a very busy week because it's Holy Week.  Thursday we had the Maundy Thursday dinner and worship service at church, which Evie attended.  Friday she was off from school so we colored Easter eggs.  She was spoiled with 18 eggs and 9 colors (we turned that into a little division problem).




I also attempted to have her watch one of my favorite movies, Anne of Green Gables, with me, but she didn't enjoy it so much.  She gets bothered when characters do things that are socially awkward or socially embarrassing, and that's most of what happens to Anne, so she was made uncomfortable by the movie, I guess.  But at one point Anne is told by her friend Diana that the boy she has a rivalry with said that being smart is better than being pretty, and Anne takes that as an insult and says it's better to be pretty than clever.  Evie looked over at me, so I asked her, "What do you think, is it better to be smart or pretty?"  She said, "Smart.....  But I'm both!"  I'm so glad she knows that and has so much confidence.

Saturday morning we went to my parents' house so Evie could play with Addie and Will who had arrived the night before.  Then we went to the Egg Hunt at church, where I managed to not get any pictures of our kids hunting eggs.  I was developing laryngitis and not feeling my best, and Evie was a little upset because she felt that she didn't get as many eggs as she deserved.  

After church, Kathy and Grandma Jeanne came over and Evie impressed us by answering Grandma's joke: What do you call two bananas on the floor by the bed?  Answer: banana slippers.


Grandma telling her joke


Will and Evie watching baseball together

Evie spent the night at my parents' house and I came over the next morning to find out what the Easter Bunny brought her at their house (he made a stop by our house too).  Granna also had a little present: each of the kids got travel journals about the UK because we are going there together this summer.  The kids immediately set to work on them.



And Evie had a ring pop from her basket

Then we were off to church for Easter service:


Will (8), Addie (11), Evie (6)


The big family portrait

Evie is helping baby Lydia learn to walk.

Egg hunting


After the hustle and bustle of Easter it was nice to sort of get back to normal on Monday and Tuesday.  Tuesday we went as usual to Granna and Grannadaddy's house where Evie spent some time climbing tress.




Kids belong in trees, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment