Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Field Trips and Ballet Recitals

Field trips and ballet recitals: the stuff of childhood.  Thursday of last week, I got to chaperone Evie's class field trip to Lichterman Nature Center where we took some strolls and learned about birds.  Evie's science unit has been all about birds and she knows far more about birds than I do now.  I had a great time with her and her classmates.


Then Thursday afternoon, she had rehearsal for her ballet recital.  She's doing a tap and a ballet number.


Saturday was Siouxsie's birthday and also ChuuChu's birthday even though Chuu died about 3 years ago.  I mentioned to Evie that it was Chuu's birthday too and then a few moments later I heard her say "Amen".  I said, "What were you praying about?"  She said, "I was asking God to tell ChuuChu happy birthday for us."  Oh my heart.

Sunday was Palm Sunday and Evie participated in the tradition of processing with the other children during the hymns, waving palm branches.  I get choked up each year, watching her grow in these traditions, and I'm always impressed by how much she understands.  She asks why the people had a parade for Jesus if they were only going to kill him a few days later.  Good question.


After church, we went to lunch with the church group and Evie ended up sitting next to Grannadaddy and asking him how electricity works.  I'm glad he's there to answer those questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment