Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Theatre Kid

I forgot to mention last week that we went to see Madagascar: The Musical at Playhouse last Saturday and we had a blast.  Evie loves watching theatre, which is also good because this past Saturday, she, Granna, and I went to go see Mary Poppins at Collierville High School.  The theatre director there gave a speech after the curtain call talking about how the kids do everything: design, building, tech, costumes, lighting, acting, everything.  That's how I grew up doing theatre too.  Evie turned to me and said, "Mama, when I grow up, can I go to this school?"  It was a truly great show and I can understand why Evie would want to be a part of their theatre program.  It's something to consider.

But I've always assumed we'd stay in our little part of Memphis and Evie would continue going to school with the kids she's going with now.  She and her good friend Allyson run through the little wooded area of the neighbor's yard on the way to our cars, and they enjoy each other very much.


Evie's still a big fan of Edison's, but I caught her and Siouxsie snuggling one day this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment