- Evie was asking about sports and at one point wanted to know something about one of the rules in "ice pockey." W
- While enjoying a treat of chocolate from her Easter basket, she looked at me and said, "The Easter Bunny knows my joys."
- I overheard her singing the Palm Sunday hymn, "Suzanna in the highest"
Wednesday was a warm day so I suggested when I picked her up that we go get some ice cream. She and I both love getting ice cream when it's hot outside.
Granna picked her up Thursday because I had to see a patient that I canceled earlier in the week due to my laryngitis. Granna said when she picked her up, Evie asked if she had brought her a snack and a drink, which, of course, my magical mom had. Evie said, "Granna, you're the greatest. My mama doesn't bring me a snack." Granna said, "It's a Granna's job to spoil her grandkids at least a little." Then as they drove, about 3 minutes later, Granna told her that I would be picking her up for ballet so she wouldn't be at the house for too long. Evie said, "Then you will only be able to spoil me a little bit."
Friday night we had game night and Saturday night we had a young adults/parents' night out at the church, so Evie has been playing at the church a lot.
Sunday we came home and enjoyed the nice weather by going on a walk/bike ride. And then Evie and Edison chased each other around the house.
Monday, on the way to school, Evie saw a sign on the back of a truck that read, "Isaiah 55:6: Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him while He is near." Evie said, "That sign doesn't make any sense." I said, "Why not?" She said, "Because He's always near."


No comments:
Post a Comment