Wednesday after school she and I went to see Jo for haircuts. Evie's hair has gotten incredibly long (which makes Seth happy, but drives me crazy because she doesn't like to have it brushed). So we took about 3 inches off for the summer.
Thursday, they had a last day of school party so I went to have lunch with her. While I was there, she started playing with Legos with some other kids. Eventually it was just her and 3 boys at the table and the boys kept saying, "Evie, look at this! Evie, look what I made." She leaned over to me and said, "They're always trying to show off to me. I think it's because they know I'm smart and I look pretty, and they want me for their wife."
Last picture in the first grade classroom
Friday, Annalisa came in town. Seth was working so Evie went with me to pick Annalisa up from the airport. Then we stopped by Michael's to get Annalisa some yarn for her current crochet project and Evie asked to learn too.
Annalisa teaching Evie how to crochet
We spent the rest of the day/evening at home until dinner with my friend Shelley, and then we called it an early night since Annalisa had been up very early to catch her flight.
Saturday we went to Gus's for lunch where Seth, Evie, and Annalisa recreated their picture with the Gus's hearse. It's a local Memphis thing, you could say.
Evie spent the night at my parents' house on Saturday while Seth, Annalisa, and I went to a play, dinner, and then a movie, which felt very indulgent.
Sunday we went to church and then to paint pottery pieces. Then we had dinner at one of our new favorite restaurants, Babalu's.
Monday we were very busy! We started with breakfast and then drove to Mud Island because even though she's come to visit us almost every year we've lived in Memphis, Annalisa had never been there. Then we went to the Bass Pro Shop which is now inside the Pyramid - none of us had ever been there. It was an interesting experience. Evie enjoyed being on the observation deck and also looking at all the taxidermied animals. We ended the day at the Pink Palace where Annalisa and Evie got to share their love of dinosaurs.
Sadly, Annalisa had to go home on Tuesday. Evie started her first camp for the summer, Nature Camp, which she also went to last year. She is in the same age group as last year and is one of the oldest, which is an usual situation for her because in school she's always been the youngest. She told me she didn't like being the oldest because people were always asking her questions and expecting her to know things. I told her they probably know that you have a good memory and are good at following the rules.








No comments:
Post a Comment