Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Old Soul

My daughter often leaves me speechless in her mature responses to things.  She and I were talking about how next year she might not be in the same class as many of her classmates, including her favorite friend there, Allyson.  I asked her, if Allyson is not in your class and you have to find a new best friend, what kind of qualities or traits would you want that person to have?  She said, "I would want it to be someone who was concerned about other people if something happens to them, and I want them to talk to me and understand my life."  I thought that was a very mature response.

Then later when she was trying to describe pelts (she wrapped up Nature Camp last week), she said, "We have these animals, things where the insides are open but you can still see its fur."  Since this was out of context, Seth and I were horrified at first, until we finally figured out what she was talking about.  So, she has mature thoughts, but she still has that little kid way of describing things.

Another old soul conversation we had this week was when she asked me, "What do you think people do in heaven?"  I said, "I don't know.  What do you think?"  She said, "I think you're a servant of God and he puts you in different categories based on what you do best."

We also had a conversation about Desmond who we haven't seen in a while. 
Me: Evie, are you still inclined to marry Desmond?
Evie: Well... It's still a long way, and I have a lot of boys to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment