Thanksgiving Day was a big event, of course. Evie and I got up and hung out for a while before I went to meet Grannadaddy for church at Grace-St. Luke's, and then we all met up at our church for Thanksgiving Lunch. Then we went to Granna and Grannadaddy's house for dinner. Evie enjoyed playing with Aiden and Lydia and then helping Aunt Ginger win at Acquire.
Evie helps Aunt Ginger
Evie and Lydia show off their gymnastics skills
Friday we hung out with the Drake family some more so the cousins could play. Saturday, we had a Tiger game to go to, so Evie got to break out the Tiger ear muffs Granna got for her.
Sunday, we went to see "Junie B Jones, the Musical" at Playhouse. It was a really cute show and Evie enjoyed it. Aunt Jill gave her her first JBJ book when Evie was going to be a flower in Jill's wedding (the JBJ book was also about being a flower girl), and Evie's loved those books ever since.
We also got down all the Christmas and Hanukkah decorations, though we haven't done anything with them yet.
Yesterday I was sitting, watching Evie play with dominoes on the floor, and I thought to myself how very fortunate and blessed we are to have this girl in our lives. It's funny how that thought comes in the quiet, seemingly non-special moments. Just sharing the same space with Evie makes me grateful.
Thanksgiving Day pictures:
Evie and Nathaniel










No comments:
Post a Comment