Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Genius

We've had another busy week.  Wednesday, Evie came with me to the senior living center where our church bell choir and chancel choir (including me) were singing.  She visited with a few of the residents and, of course, brought smiles to their faces.  One of the bell choir members knew one of the residents there who had been a first grade teacher, so the choir member took Evie over to her friend and the former teacher seemed delighted to be talking to a young student again.  Evie was polite and happy to answer the teacher's questions, so everyone was enriched by the experience.

Saturday, Evie had her final rehearsal before her theatre showcase performance, and we actually had to leave that rehearsal early to get to her Nutcracker rehearsal.  My little performer, already double-booked!  After running her around all day, I was pooped and told Seth he was responsible for dinner.  Now, when I cook dinner, I usually serve a meat and 2 vegetables or some similar quality of meal that requires slicing, dicing, searing, baking, or something like that.  On this night, Seth grabbed some frozen pork buns, threw them in the steamer, and popped a bag of edamame in the microwave and did nothing for the 20 minutes they were cooking, and then we all sat in front of the TV and ate (which is rare for us), and Evie pronounced, "Daddy!  You're a genius!"  I told him given how little effort he'd had to spend to make her happy, she was probably right.

No comments:

Post a Comment