Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Party Hard and First Report Card

We've had a busy week, as usual.  Wednesday was our first parent/teacher conference of the year, and the first time Evie's had a real "report card".  She's had several progress reports, but this was the first time a formal document had been produced to show her mastery of grade level standards, and I got a little teary.  Of course, she is doing great.  She enjoys reading and is making progress in decoding words, and she's working on learning place value.  Social skills continue to be one of her strengths, and she's a very popular playmate.  I can't believe we're nearly half way through her kindergarten year!

Evie is just a few weeks away from her performance for The Nutcracker, so she is busily practicing her part as a "wee mouse" on Thursday nights.  Friday night we went to Granna and Grannadaddy's house to watch the Tigers game.  We brought the iPad along for Evie to help entertain her while the rest of us were watching the game, and she and Grandma Jeanne enjoyed playing Fruit Ninja together during half time.  (My grandma is the coolest!)


Sunday we went to Ivy's birthday party, which was themed as "come dressed as your favorite villain", so Evie wore the Maleficent horns we got at Disneyland.


Sunday night, Evie started complaining of a sore throat and I was worried I was on the verge of throwing my back out again, so we both stayed home Monday.  Well, we both skipped work and school.  I took her with me to the doctor where I got some steroids, and then we had brunch at a restaurant that made their chocolate milk more like a chocolate milk shake.  When she tasted it, Evie said, "You have to try this, Mama! This is the goodest chocolate milk I ever tried!"


No comments:

Post a Comment