Tuesday, December 5, 2017

God Will Decide

Well, it starts.  The busiest and most wonderful time of the year.  We've now had our first Sunday in Advent, which was preceded by decorating the Chrismon tree at church and hanging the other greens.  This was the first year I was able to go to that hanging of the greens, and Evie came along to help.  She enjoyed decorating the tree.


And later that day we had a baby shower for Cristaldawn and Evie got to help with distributing the presents, and subsequently wearing bows on her head.


Every year, I try to get a picture of Evie, me, and Granna wearing purple for the first Sunday in Advent since it happened by chance a few years ago.  Here's this year's photo.



Sunday afternoon, we decided to go see Coco.  Evie shares my love for going to the movies, so we enjoyed it.  Seth and I were weeping, because, Pixar.  It was a story about the importance of remembering family, and we were there on Dec 3, which is the day Grandaddy Mouse died, so I was already a little weepy.  Evie made me even more weepy that morning because I was tearing up and she asked why.  I said, "Cause it was 10 years ago today that Grandaddy Mouse died."  She said, "Oh, that's a long time."  I said, "Yeah, that's why I'm upset."  She said, "Because you haven't seen him in so long?  But you get to see him when you go to heaven.  So don't worry, God will decide when you get to go."  I said, "Yeah, you're right, and that does make me feel better."  She said, "Yeah, God will decide when you go, but it won't be for a loooooooong time."

After seeing Coco

After we finished wiping our tears away from Coco, we came home and lit the Advent candle.  I love these traditions.


Language funnies:

  • Evie said recently of Siouxsie: "We have a new brand dog."  I love that she still gets this little turn of phrase ("brand new") mixed up.
  • Evie also still thinks size and age correlate, despite the many examples I've given her that they do not.  I joked with her that I would only allow her to get older if I could stop getting older.  She said, "But then, I'd be the size of your age."
I have to also mention that even though I shouldn't be surprised anymore, Evie was able to tell me that Santa brought her a little bear for her play zoo - which is true.  He did.  When she was THREE YEARS OLD!  How does she remember this stuff?!

No comments:

Post a Comment