Rutabaga, as she became yesterday, has become a little violent this week. Her little thumps have turned into pretty strong punches and kicks. I don't feel that sensation of her rolling around anymore, so I'm guessing she is working on outgrowing her living quarters. I definitely feel a lot more pressure at all times, and particularly around my navel. I've heard pregnant ladies talk about how much their belly buttons hurt, and now I know why. Rutabaga seems to like to sit right up against mine, and I'm just grateful mine is an innie and has stayed that way so far. Sorry, too much info, probably.
Rutabaga now has use of all 5 of her senses. She can open her eyes and may respond to light - I need to get a flashlight and play around with her to see if she'll respond. She can supposedly hear and recognize our voices, she can taste as I mentioned last week, and she's been able to sense touch for a while. I don't really know how they know that babies can smell at this stage, nor do I really want to know what it smells like in there, but supposedly she can do that too.
On Monday, which is Seth's birthday, I'll be going in for my next OB visit. I have to do the gestational diabetes test one more time. Last time, I had the "fruit punch" flavor. Which basically tasted like Hawaiian Punch mixed with rat poison. This time they gave me "orange" flavor. I'm hoping this one tastes a little better. But at least this time I won't have had a huge bottle of that stuff and then be prodded for an ultrasound with my bladder completely full. Monday's visit should be pretty simple - blood work, weight check, fundal height check, say hi to Dr. Kyzer and schedule the next appointment. We are entering the every two week appointment stage now, instead of every four weeks, soon followed by weekly appointments. By the time she's born, I bet Rutabaga will recognize Dr. Kyzer's voice since I'll be seeing so much of her!

No comments:
Post a Comment