Eggplant has now made her first in utero cross country trip. Seth and I went to Washington and Oregon to visit Abba, Grandma Pat, Gram, Grampa, and Seth's Dad. On our flight from Denver to Portland, I sat next to a woman who was also pregnant, just a few days ahead of me, so we had a good time exchanging observations about how our babies were reacting to the flight. She had it worse than me on her previous flight, where she had gotten sick. Fortunately, neither of us felt badly on the Denver to Portland flight, and both our babies seemed to move about around the same time in response to the turbulence. She is expecting a boy and had an adorable dinosaur stuffed animal she was carrying with her, since she and her husband had had a baby shower while in Denver.
This struck me as particularly funny today, and I'll explain why: We got delayed on our flight home and ended up with an extra day in Portland. We met up with some friends from California who live in Portland now, and who are also expecting, about 3 weeks after us. They gave us a cute pink and green stuffed frog for our little girl. So here, just last week, I met a lady carrying a stuffed dinosaur for her little boy on her way back home, and I have just traveled with a stuffed frog for our little girl on my way back home. Ah, coincidences.
Eggplant has been super-duper squirmy lately. Perhaps this is in response to the wonderful home-cooked food we were treated to all week by Seth's grandparents. She has been twisting and turning and thumping and kicking up a storm. Fun fact for the week: Eggplant should be opening her eyes, which have been sealed shut until now. And she has eyelashes, fingernails, and eyebrows. And we are a mere week and half from the third trimester!
Coming up in 2 weeks we have a baby shower in Memphis, which I'm very much looking forward to, and I am very appreciative to my friend Cristaldawn and my aunts who are all pitching in to accommodate this shower of epic proportions. I should really call it the Shower of Epic Proportions Part II since my bridal shower was similarly huge. I can't wait to see what cute things people come up with since I am sure we'll get plenty that we have not registered for, and since so many people have such creative ideas or know what we'll need that we are probably not thinking of. I will also be very excited and relieved to get things to help us be even more prepared for Eggplant's arrival.
Seth's mom (Grammy) and Edward have very, very generously purchased our crib for us. We are waiting for it to be delivered to the Babies R Us near us, and I'm so, so grateful since we were thinking we'd probably be buying that one ourselves. I'll put up some pictures when we get it and put it together.
Also, we got another surprise package from the secret admirer who sent us the beautiful blanket a few months ago. We got a package addressed to Princes __?__ Mayne, again, this time with a copy of Goodnight, Moon. No way to know who it is from other than from someone in Somerville, TN, but I sure hope this person eventually identifies him/herself! I am loving the mystery of it all, though.
While we were out of town, we kept thinking about how much things will have changed the next time we are traveling. We'll have Eggplant with us and all her accoutrement... I can't even imagine how much more that complicates things. But we will do it!

No comments:
Post a Comment