Another cool thing about today: it is the first day of Spring. And we decided today would be a great day to plant the tree for Lettuce. Background story: I was born in Nashville (at Baptist Hospital) on June 13, 30 years ago. The March before I was born, my parents planted a dogwood tree in the front yard at the house we lived in. That tree is still there, and over the years in our stops in Nashville, I have enjoyed seeing it and growing with it.
So, since our little Lettuce is going to be born in Nashville (at the same hospital, no less), roughly 30 years later (depending on when she decides to evict herself), Seth and I thought it would be sweet to plant a pink dogwood for her. We did that today, and chose a spot in the front yard so that after we move from Nashville, she'll also be able to see her tree if we drive by, and also in a spot she'll be able to see from one of her bedroom windows.
Breaking ground
Situating the tree
Baby Girl's Dogwood


No comments:
Post a Comment