Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Great Day!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers



Today was a marvelous, wonderful, fantastic day.  Firstly, we are now in the 2nd trimester according to many sources (though not according to my OB... but whatever... I'm declaring victory on Trimester 1).  Secondly, we got to see our Plum today, and, boy, was he/she active!  A little head-banging, a little hand-waving, a little rolling over.  It was an incredible sight.  Plum is now 6cm, and has a healthy heartbeat of 166 bpm.  He/she didn't cooperate in showing us a nasal bone, though, and he/she was more interested in snuggling facing the wrong way, so I go in on Friday for an NT scan where they can measure the nuchal tube and tell us our risks for Downs and other trisomies.

Sharing a couple of my favorite photos and some video from today's ultrasound.  The technician was nice enough to give us a disc.  Here, we have some rolling around in the first video, and then a clear shot of the heartbeat in video 2, though it's really small.





There were some amazing moments as we watched Plum and all the acrobatics he/she was doing.  I'm sad that after Friday, there will be a long, long wait for the next ultrasound.  I go back to the OB on Jan. 4th, but no ultrasound then.  So, we won't get to see Plum (or "Little Critter" as Seth strangely keeps calling it) again until 20 weeks, in February, when we'll find out the gender.

And I love, love, love our OB.  We talked today about delivery options, some of the current medicines I'm on, and genetic testing, and I agree 100% with her way of thinking, which is always ideal.  I feel like I'm in very good hands.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh! We have a baby!!!! Hello, Plum! Is it so wrong that I squealed AND teared up at the pictures? Oh Plum, you are gonna be loved so hard by so many people! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bit wrong. It's one of the many reasons that I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete