Today, my dad's side of the family learned about Baby Mayne. We were doing our Christmas celebration this weekend since my brother and niece were able to be here and couldn't come for Christmas, so before we had our dinner, we gathered in the living room to pray. I had asked Dad to include a prayer for Baby Mayne, and the reaction was amazing. My cousin, who is a dancer, started running in place then ran over and gave me a huge hug. My aunt and grandmother were both in tears. There were shouts of joy, lots of hugs, lots of crying, and generally a great sense of emotion. I'd asked my brother to film, so hopefully in a few days I can upload the video. My niece's reaction when my brother told her "Eminee has a baby in her tummy. We're going to have another baby in the family," was, "but I already have a baby brother!" Too cute :)
Tomorrow, I tell my friend who threw that baby shower for her sister-in-law that I helped with a few weeks ago. I'm telling her by giving her a shower invitation that says it's for me, hosted by her. I hope she likes the gag.
Then, it'll be mum's the word (ha ha) again until next weekend when we tell my mom's side of the family. I told Mom she could announce if she wanted to, given that Dad announced for his side of the family. Then, one more weekend and we'll finally tell our friends who visit for New Years and make calls to friends from California. Then the cat will be completely out of the bag.
And to think, we have to do this all over again in February when we find out the sex. LOVE IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment