Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our Lime Lingers

Seth told me when I started this blog that my whole "Our [insert fruit of the week] [insert synonym for lives]" schtick was going to be tough to keep up.  And he was right.  The Lime, as of today, (thank goodness we're done with the prune stage - I mean, really, couldn't they think of anything cuter?) was hard to pair up with an l-verb that isn't "lives".

Anyway, so, we've now officially reached fetus status.  Supposedly Lime is going to double in size by next week.  That's just astounding to me.  Also supposedly by next week I will "show".  Clearly "they" do not know how fluffy I am. 

A week from today we'll get what I'm considering to be one of the most important ultrasounds, where they will be able to look at the nuchal fold and gauge the risk of Down Syndrome.  Not that I'm at high risk for it or anything, but I sure will be glad after next week is over.  I'll officially be in the second trimester, and we'll know if we're dealing with any chromosomal anomalies.  Or at least we'll know if we should have further testing done.

I've really felt quite well the last two days.  Monday I got sick, but I think that was either something I ate or something I picked up from my cousins who apparently were sick after Thanksgiving.  It didn't last long, so I'm doubting I got the bug and think that it was just something the Lime (well, then the Prune, I guess) didn't appreciate.

It's still all so surreal.  I mean, when does it become real?  For the first few weeks, all I could think about was being pregnant, worrying over whether things were going to turn out okay.  For the last 2 weeks, I've often forgotten I'm pregnant.  I'm not as exhausted anymore, and other than some gastric discomfort and some round ligament pain, life is pretty normal.  I'm soaking it up while I can, because I know at some point the discomfort will become much more common, but I wouldn't mind it if I could feel the baby already, just so I would know everything is good in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment