Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Blueberry Belingers

Made it to week 7.   I gave this Blueberry a good pep talk today.  I told it that it needed to stick around so that it can meet the wonderful family it's going to have:

  • a daddy who will love it and play video games with it if it's a boy or will play tea parties with it if it's a girl and will be sure to give it tons of tickles whichever sex it is;
  • a Granna and Grannadaddy who will snuggle it and send it books to read and toys to play with and sing to it and laugh at it's cuteness
  • 5 aunts who will smother it with kisses and hugs
  • 1 uncle who will teach it all about math and history and board games
  • 2 cousins to play with who won't be too much older than it, so they should grow up being good friends
  • 6 great-grandparents who will adore it 
  • not to mention all the great-aunts and -uncles and second cousins and first cousins once removed and dear, dear family friends all over the country
  • and a mommy who will love it to pieces and already does.
I cried.  It was silly.  But it's the first time I've talked to it (not that it even has ears yet), and that makes me want it to stick around even more.

On a less sappy note, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I had a craving for Capt. D's.  And I gave in to it.  And you would think they made the best fried shrimp on the face of the planet.  It was delicious!  I also attempted to eat something green, being their green beans which had WAY too much salt and ham fat in them.  But those shrimp were amazing.

On the whole, I'm feeling very good.  I haven't had any morning sickness to really speak of - just a few touches of nausea here and there.  I've been quite exhausted, get headaches during the day, etc, but nothing to where I'm miserable.  Today at work I did have a moment after eating lunch where it was very clear to me that there was no blood going to my brain.  It was all going to baby-baking and digestive uses.  It was like someone just turned the lights out in my brain.  I had no idea what I was doing.  Thank goodness my only task was the mindless stuffing of brochures into envelopes to send out for one of the studies.  And even that... with all that counting...  whew!  I should probably double check those tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment