Monday, January 2, 2023

Staying Up Til Midnight

 Happy New Year to all of you out there in TV Land.  Hope your 2023 is off to a great start.

We wrapped up our week with the cousins in town.  Evie basically didn't leave their side and they got along great the entire week, so I was a little surprised when she didn't cry when it was time for us to leave.  I guess they really are growing up...

Granndaddy, Uncle Ryan, and Will playing Monopoly

Evie and Addie doing some kind of hand game I don't remember


We are sad to send them back to England, but looking forward to when we go to visit in July.

We celebrated Grannadaddy's birthday at his house with lunch, cake, and a game of bridge.  It's been a while since we played!

On New Year's Eve, we decided to go do an escape room, which we beat in near record time, and then we came home to ring in the New Year with my high school friends, as has been our tradition since 2000.  This year, as has been the case the last 3 years, we held it virtually.  But this year, Evie stayed up until midnight.  I believe that may be her first time to stay up to ring in the New Year, but most years she's been at Granna's so I may be wrong.

We escaped!

Cheers to 2023!


No comments:

Post a Comment